There are two bases that allow you to change the discord password given below.
- If you forget the Discord password
- If you know, but you want to change your Discord password for any other reason.
If you forget your Discord password:-
There are different steps or systems to change or reset passwords for mobile and desktop.
Note:- in both cases (mobile and desktop) under the head ‘you forget Discord password’ You must remember the email ID which is registered with the discord account. If you forget your registered email id also then you can’t reset or change the discord password. It is compulsory to know your email Id. If you forget the Discord password.
Steps for Desktop:-
- Firstly open the discord app in your system.
- For login, you have to enter your email id and click on forget password. (Note:-Your email id must be registered with your discord account or you have to use your registered email ID with discord.)
- Now, Discord will send you an email to your registered email id, which is entered by you, if it is registered.
- Open that email that is sent by Discord.
- This email contains an option to reset the password with proper instructions.
- If you want to reset your password then click ‘reset password’ with instructions.
- Enter your new password, and click ‘change your password’. So your password will be changed.
- On your mobile, open the discord app.
- Now click on the ‘login’ button.
- Now, there will be an option on the screen to forget your password and click it.
- Now screen shows/gives an option to enter the registered email ID.so, fill it out and click.
- Now Discord will send you an email to your registered email id, which is entered by you.
- If you open that mail, then we get the option to reset the password with proper instructions. So click on reset password.
- Enter your new password and set it by clicking ‘change your password’. and your discord password will be changed.
If you know, but you want to change your Discord password for any other reason.
In this way, first, we have to enter the account of the individual/persons.
This is also classified into mobile and desktop.
Change your password in Desktop:-
- first, go to the page and log in by the login id
- there will be an option of ‘gear icon’ on the desktop screen at the left bottom. You have to click it.
- Out of user settings, select the ‘my account’ option.
- Now, there will be an option of ‘edit’ for user name and password change on the above right, You have to click it.
- Finally, we get the option to change the password. So, click it.
- It will show the options to fill in the ‘current password’ and ‘new password’. fill it.
- Click on the ‘save’ option.
- Now, your password has been changed successfully.
- You will be notified about the change or reset the password through a mail by registered email id.
But, if a password has not been changed then contact the Discord support team.
Change your password in Mobile:-
- firstly by your account open the discord app.
- Click on the ‘gear icon’ which is on the right bottom in the case of Android.
- In the case of iOS- click on a profile picture.
- now click on account.
- and click on ‘change password’.
- There will be ‘current password’ and ‘new password’, fill them both.
- Click on ‘save’.
- Now password has been changed or reset successfully.
Now it will be confirmed by a mail from discord. If it has not been changed then get help from the discord support team.