While signing up and opening an account on Facebook is a relatively simple process, sometimes there can be a problem accessing your account.
Unfortunately, this can happen for a number of reasons. So why won’t Facebook let you log in?
The purpose of this post is to help you fix the “Cannot log in to Facebook” issue. Check out possible reasons and solutions for regaining access to your Facebook account.
Change Your Password
If you can’t log into Facebook, it’s very likely that you’re not providing the correct credentials for your account. To avoid this, change your account password and log in again.
To do this, see the guide below.
- You have to go to Facebook.com/login/identify and follow the next instructions.
- Then, you need to enter your email or phone number and click on the Search button.
- After that, choose a method on how you prefer to receive the confirmation code, and then you have to click on Continue.
- After that, you have to enter the confirmation code that you have received and then you have to click on Continue.
- Finally, enroll your preferred password and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Facebook.com/login/identify – Facebook Password Reset
If you forgot your password, then mainly two options (email and mobile number) are available to reset your Facebook account password depending on what you provided at the time of account set up.
Let’s see the steps to reset a Facebook account password
- First, visit Facebook.com/login/identify on your web browser
- Now, enter your email address and password. But that’s what we have forgotten. So, click on Forgot account
- You will be redirected to an account recovery page where you need to enter your mobile number or email address that you provided at the time of account set up and click on Search.
- Next, Facebook will ask you to enter your password. But click on Try another way
- Now, you need to select Send a code option on your linked phone number or email address. You have to enter the code sent on this phone number or email ID and continue. Once Facebook verifies you, it will provide you with the option to reset your password.
- Now, create a strong and lengthy password to prevent account hacking as short passwords are easy to guess and hack. Never create a password of number series like 12345 or your name, date of birth, birth year, family member name, pet name, or city as these are very easy to guess. Always use a blend of Alphabet, numbers, and symbols. Don’t forget to save your password in Google Chrome or Google drive so that you can recover it later.
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Why can’t I log in to Facebook? This problem can be caused by your browser cache and cookies. You can clear your browser’s cache and cookies to see if it can’t log in to the Facebook issue.
First, you have to open Chrome, click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner, then click on More Tools -> Clear Browsing Data, tick the Cache and Cookies option, choose a time frame, and then click Data Clear button has to be clicked. To clear chrome cache and cookies.
Account disabled by Facebook:
Facebook tries to stay on top of fake accounts and removes profiles that it doesn’t believe to be real people. If Facebook detects that your profile is not valid, they may have disabled your account. The message you’ll see will be something like a “Verify Your Identity” page.