Yahoo is one of the best email platforms all over the world and there are millions of people who have shown their trust as well as interest in Yahoo.
In the current scenario, there is a large number of cybercriminals who are still some important information and money to users account so we need to change the password after 2 to 3 days or a week. For this reason, Today, you will get easy steps to change and reset your Yahoo password within seconds or minutes. Just follow every step and read the entire post without skipping any steps.
How to Change Yahoo Password?
- First of all, just visit the Yahoo.com with help of any web browser.
- Then, tap on the Sign-in option.
- Enter your credentials like email & password.
- If you have entered in Yahoo account then, tap on the displaying profile image. (Situated upper right-hand corner)
- (Note- if you have put the profile picture otherwise, it will see as white & grey icon for the users)
- Next, Under the drop-down menu, tap on the ‘Account Information’ option.
- Under the Account info, choose the ‘Security Settings’ option.
- Now this time to write the security code.
- Then, click on the ‘Change Password’ option.
- After then, hit on the ‘I would rather change my password option.
- Write a new password & tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Again, go to the ‘Sign-in’ page.
- Enter the email address and new password.
Therefore, users can simply Change their Yahoo Password using the above-given steps. If you want to make a standard, as well as secure password, so just add integer, character, upper & lower case in the password.
Change Yahoo Password on iPhone and Android
Change Yahoo mail password iPhone and android device timely to make your account more protected. And also, to make sure the password should be unique from other passwords you use.
Thus, here are mentioned the simple steps to reset or change the yahoo password on iOS devices.
Steps to Change Yahoo mail password iPhone:
To Change Yahoo mail password iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open your iPhone device, and launch Yahoo Mail Application.
- Next, tap on the sign-in option, and then sign in to your account by entering account credentials.
- After that tap to open the left sidebar to open the settings menu.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the sidebar, tap on the “Account Info” option.
- Next, tap to open the left sidebar, tap on the “Account security” option.
- Tap on “Change password”. Then enter a new password and again the password to confirm it.
- Now tap on the “Continue” button. Then again tap on “Continue”.
Change Yahoo Password on Android
To Change Yahoo mail password Android, follow these steps:
- On your Android phone, launch the Yahoo mail application.
- Then login into your Yahoo account by entering login credentials.
- Next, tap the Menu icon, and navigate to the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Now, tap on the “Accounts” option and select the “Security Settings” option.
- After that, you will have to provide the security code to change the password.
- Tap on the “Change Password” option.
- Now create a new password for Yahoo Mail.
Hence, with the above steps help you can Change Yahoo Mail Password On iPhone, Android in a very simple way.
Method 1:- How to reset Yahoo Password?
If you are facing an issue remembering your recent Yahoo mail password so don’t worry because you can reset it with help of the sign-in page. Just follow the below-presented steps and learn the perfect method of password resetting of Yahoo account.
- Again, visit the Yahoo official website and click on the Sign-in page.
- Enter your email or user name in the text box & click on the ‘Next button.
- Now, you will be asked the current password then, just ignore that prompt rather than click on the ‘Forgotten Password’ option.
- Then, enter your current mobile number which is associated with the Yahoo account.
- After then, click on the ‘Yes, Send Me as Code’ button.
- If the mobile number is not associated with Yahoo Account, then, tap on the ‘Try Another Method’ and select choose another authentication method such as an Email address.
- Now the check the mobile because Yahoo will send a verification code via SMS.
- Enter the ‘Verification Code’ & hit on the ‘Verify’ button.
- Fill in the captcha and tap on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Finally, enter a new password and confirm it in another box.
- Again, tap on the ‘Continue’ and now your Yahoo account password is reset.
Moreover, users can easily Reset Yahoo Password without any hesitation but, on the duration of the password resetting, just make a strong password because that will provide you more security.
Recover Your Yahoo Account Password
Yahoo is one of the trusted and reliable email platforms but sometimes, users face Yahoo account recovery issue so if you are one of them and you have missed or forgotten your Yahoo account password then, don’t need to worry because you can recover Yahoo account via an alternative email address, mobile number & security questions. Just learn all the methods using the below-presented steps.
Steps to Recover Yahoo Password via Mobile Number:
- Open your desktop or laptop any web browser and write https://login.yahoo.com/ (Official Yahoo account website).
- Enter the ‘User Name’ or ‘Email Address’ or ‘Mobile Number’ in the box & hit on the ‘Next button.
- Then, click on the ‘I am Not Robot’ & choose ‘Continue’.
- After then, confirm the alternative ‘Mobile Number’ & then, Yahoo will send a verification SMS on your recovery mobile number.
- Click on the ‘Yes, send a code’ button.
- Check your mobile SMS and enter the ‘8 Digit Verification Code’ in the text field.
- Tap on the ‘Verify’ button & enter the ‘New Password’.
- Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button and you can directly log in Yahoo account with the new password.
Furthermore, users can easily Recover their Yahoo Account using an alternative mobile number but sometimes, users don’t know about the recovery phone number then, they can recover their account using the alternative email address.
Steps to Recover Yahoo Account via alternative email address:
- Firstly, you need to open the ‘Yahoo account recovery login’ page with help of any web browser.
- Then, enter the ‘Email address’ or ‘User Name’ in the available text field.
- Hit on the ‘Next’ button & complete the captcha.
- Press the ‘Continue’ button and you will automatically redirect to the password page.
- This time to select the ‘Forgot password’ option.
- Yahoo will send verification to your alternative or recovery email address.
- Open the recovery email & write the ‘Verification Code’ in the box.
- Click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- On the next page, you need to create ‘New Password’ and again write the same password in the box.
- Tap on the ‘Save’ and Now you are done!
Furthermore, users can simply recover their Yahoo account using an alternate email id but, in a situation, users forgot their recovery email address or mobile number then, users can recover their account with help of security questions. Just learn the accurate and shortest recovery method via security questions.
Steps to recover Yahoo account using Security questions:
- Again, visit the Yahoo login page via any desired web browser.
- Then, enter the ‘Mobile Number’ or ‘User Name’ in the text box & tap on the ‘Next’.
- Select the ‘Forgot Password’ option and if you don’t know about the alternative email address or mobile number then, choose ‘I need more option’.
- Next, select Yahoo account recovery through questions.
- Provide the correct answers to the security questions and tap on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Enter the alternate mobile number & check the SMS on the mobile.
- Write the verification code & set a new password.
- Finally, go back to Yahoo log-in page and enter via new password.
- Now you are done!
Method 2:- Yahoo Password Reset
Yahoo offers you to recover your email account password in the event that you have forgotten your password. However, if you haven’t signed in to your account in the last 30 days, Yahoo may have considered it abandoned and out of date. You may recover your Yahoo email account password using the following methods:
- Secondary email address
- Registered mobile number
- Answering security questions
Secondary email address
Yahoo will use a secondary email address to recognize you. Once you will enter the correct alternate email address, Yahoo will recognize you and send you a link to reset your Yahoo mail password. Here are steps to reset password:
- Browse Yahoo.com and enter your Yahoo Email Address and click Difficulty Signing In
- Enter the Secondary Email Address that you have given at the time of Yahoo account creation and click Submit
- Yahoo will send you a password recovery link through your secondary email address. Open it quickly and click on the link given to reset the password.
- Follow the steps to reset your password. After resetting the password successfully, users are requested to change it immediately to make their account safer.
After following the above steps anyone can successfully recover the Yahoo email account password.
Registered mobile number
A registered email address is also one of the methods to recognize your identity. If you want to recover forgot Yahoo password, you can use your registered mobile number to perform the task. To reset the password follow the steps:
- Open Yahoo.com on your device.
- Enter Yahoo Email Address in the respective field. Click Difficulty Signing In. this will redirect you to the password recovery page.
- Enter your registered Mobile Number and click Submit. Yahoo will send you an OTP to reset your Yahoo password.
- Enter the received OTP in the respective field and click Submit Now you will be on your Yahoo Email page.
After following above discussed steps, you can successfully reset your Yahoo email password. If you are still having any issues then you can contact the Yahoo help team to get a solution from them.
Answering Security Questions
Yahoo always asks you to answer some security questions at the time of account creation. Yahoo saves these answers for the future that can be used to identify your identity. You can use this option to recover your Yahoo account password. Follow the steps to perform the task:
- Open Yahoo.com
- Click the Difficulty Signing In This will redirect you to a page containing methods to recover Yahoo account
- Select Answer Your Security Question
- Answer all security questions correctly and click Submit
- After answering all the security questions correctly, you will be on your Yahoo Email page.
After following the above-discussed steps, you can successfully rest your forgotten Yahoo email account password. If you are still having any problems then contact to Yahoo customer support service center. You will get the best possible help from them in few minutes.