Recovering a Yahoo account password is a very important feature of Yahoo. Anyone can get back to their Yahoo account even if they forgot the password. This will possible only because of the recovery information that has been saved at the time of account creation. Yahoo uses these recovery options to verify your identity. The company sends recovery link and OTP to the registered email address and mobile number respectively. But what happens when you don’t have access to these email addresses and phone numbers anymore. For this, you have to change your alternative email address and phone number if you don’t want to use it in the future.
Change Email Address and Phone Number in Yahoo Mail Account
Most of the Yahoo account holders are not technical and not aware of the technical terms used in changing the recovery options in Yahoo. Here we will let you know the steps to change the recovery phone number. Follow the steps as follows:
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the home page through Yahoo.com
- On the top right corner of the page, click the Login option.
- Enter the Yahoo Email Address and Password in respective fields.
- Click Sign In option.
- Click on the name of your profile. You will find your name in the same place as the “Enter” button.
- Select Account Security followed by the Account Info option.
- Disable security issues. You can disable security issues if they are still being used in your account. Once this is done, you can add the new setup methods.
- Click Add Recovery Phone Number option. With the completion of your security questions, the quickest and easiest way to verify your identity to recover your account is to add a phone number to it.
- Please enter a valid phone number. It is necessary that the selected number can receive SMS messages.
- Click Send SMS or Call me.
- Enter the code you received. When this is done, the phone number is confirmed.
- On the Account Security menu, click Add Recovery Email Address. In addition to connecting a phone to your account, you can also add another email address for added security. The link to reset the password is sent to the selected email.
- Please enter a valid Email Address.
- Click Send Confirmation Email option.
- Click on the link in the email sent by Yahoo!.
After following the above-discussed steps, you can successfully add a change to the recovery phone number.