Gmail is the best email platform but sometimes Gmail account holders may get difficult to change recovery email in Gmail. They may be stuck in signing in, recovering the forgotten passwords, accessing email on mobile phones, spam email issues, and many more. If you have stuck with these types of issues in your Gmail account then you may contact to Gmail support number.
Forgetting a password is a very common problem and that may happen to almost 80% of people. This is the reason Gmail facilitates its account holders to regain access to their email accounts. For this, the account holders must save the account recovery phone number and email address to verify their identity at the time of registration. Google will send a recovery link or an OTP to your registered email address or phone number respectively.
The customers can change the recovery phone number in Gmail if they are not going to access that in the future. It is a little bit tricky and very easy for the people who are computer friendly. But again may be difficult for the people who are not computer friendly. Here we are suggesting to you the steps to change your phone number.
Change Recovery Phone Number in Gmail using Mobile Application
- Open the Gmail application on your mobile phone.
- Enter your email address and password to get sign-in in the respective fields.
- In your Gmail account, go to the Manage Google Account option.
- Tap the Security section, and select the Ways to Verify Your Identity option
- Replace the Mobile Number and Email Address in the respective fields.
- Tap the Save option.
After following the above-discussed steps you can successfully change the recovery email in Gmail. If you are still having any problems following the steps then you may contact Gmail customer support.
Change Recovery Phone Number in Gmail using Web Browser
- Open Gmail.com in your browser
- Enter Email Address and Password in respective fields and click the Sign In option.
- Go to the Settings section and click the Manage Google Account option.
- Enter the Google account password once again and click the Security option in the left corner.
- Select Ways to Verify your Identity option. Here you will see your current recovery email address and phone number. Enter the new one in the respective fields.
- Click the Save option.
After following the above-discussed steps you can successfully change the recovery phone number in Gmail.